In Microsoft Outlook 2010, goto File > Info > Add Account.
Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
Select Internet email.
Enter the following information:
- If you do not have this information please give us a call on 1300 809 424.
- If the information does not work double check all the fields have the correct spelling.
- Retype your password to be safe.
- Your Name: This is the name that will appear to recipients, it can be whatever you want; however, generally, it is your name or your business name.
E-mail Address: The email address you are setting up.
- Account Type: Set this to IMAP. If you use POP3 we may not be able to help if an issue occurs.
Incoming mail server/Outgoing mail server: Please check the email you received from MyWork to identify the Incoming email server and enter it in this field. Note: the servers will be either:
- User Name: Your email address is also your username.
- Password: The password you use for this account. If you are unsure what your password is, contact us to get a new one.
- Once this data has been entered click More Settings... and a new window will open.
- Click Outgoing Server.
- Enable My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Ensure Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
- Click Advanced.
- Set Incoming server (IMAP) encryption type to SSL.
- Set Outgoing server (SMTP) encryption type to SSL.
- Set the Incoming server (IMAP) port number. If it is not already there set it to 993.
- Set the Outgoing server (SMTP) port number. If it is not already there set it to 465.
- Click OK.
If you see a slightly different set of options here your Account type from step 4 is probably set to POP3. We recommend you go back and change it to IMAP.
Click Next >.
If both tests give a green tick your account is working.
If you get red crosses you should double check your settings from step 4.
Click Close to continue.
Try restarting outlook and/or your computer.
If it is still not working please create a ticket via the helpdesk, click here: Submit a ticket